Monday, December 28, 2009

Does anyone have any good low-sugar/low-carb dessert recipes?

My mom is diabetic, and I am trying to reduce my sugar/carb intake as well. What are some good dessert recipes that I could make for her/me when we have our family get-togethers?


Any type desserts. Just looking for ideas! : )Does anyone have any good low-sugar/low-carb dessert recipes?
I'm a diabetic too - type I - my favorite dessert is ricotta cheese, with splenda and lemon juice. Just blend and serve!





I've also mixed it with almond extract, unsweetened cocoa powder, strawberry jam - the possibilities are pretty endless.





The library has tons and tons of books on this - you should check them out! I've also found Better Homes and Gardens' website to be very helpful (http://tinyurl.com/qfe7s goes right to the Diabetic category, otherwise its http://www.bhg.com ).





Good luck! If nothing else, try substituting Splenda for sugar in your regular recipes. Just about the only thing I've found it doesn't work for is fudge. And some cookies you need to blend it with a little regular sugar.Does anyone have any good low-sugar/low-carb dessert recipes?
freeze fruit or berries (strawberries with peaches is my fav) and then put in food processor, puree, serve right away


you don't add any sugar or anything else


in the summer ice cream is a big thing that people miss and this tastes great but no added cream or sugar


(make sure you cut up the fruit and freeze on a cookie sheet so it does not freeze into one big lump)
go to splenda.com or even kraftfoods.com you can find all kinds of great things there.
I make a little parfait with sugar free Jello, whipped cream and strawberries (no sugar added).





I have enjoyed this as one of my desserts, and I have lost 70 pounds that way. Eating low sugar is a great way to be healthier and lose weight. I was once rather large, and I'm now back into size six for the past couple years.





Good luck!
Cheesecake made with Splenda or other low-carb sweetener.
coolwhip and most non-dairy whips are very low sugar, read the label for sugar grams, chopped strawberries and cool whip, can also be frozen or nearly frozen and still taste good. 10 years a diabetic, all things in moderation.
  • myspace text
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment