Sunday, December 20, 2009

Got a double boiler for Christmas & want to use it - simple dessert recipes anyone?

I'm looking for perhaps a pudding or easy tart that I can make. Something simple because I'm making a fairly complex meal to go with it. The meal will be asian but the dessert doesn't necessarily have to 'match' the cuisine.. it's not a formal dinner party.Got a double boiler for Christmas %26amp; want to use it - simple dessert recipes anyone?
Go out to www.foodnetwork.com and have a field day.Got a double boiler for Christmas %26amp; want to use it - simple dessert recipes anyone?
I asked for a double boiler for Christmas and no one bought me one. I'm jealous. I've been making Rarebit in a pyrex bowl balanced and tilted in a slightly smaller pot. I'd give my right leg for a double boiler. Once you've had rarebit on an English muffin, you'll never make grilled cheese sandwiches again. Both have the same prep time, but the variations on rarebit are endless. It's like eating a fondue sandwich. I suppose one could eat it with wine as an afterdinner course.
well, it doesnt need to be DESSERT! simply melt dark chocolate in it and dip strawberries(or other fruits)make your own chocolate dip strawberries!! If you wanna try some kinda dessert using double boiler..then chocolate mousse (or some sort of)would be easy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment